Friday, March 31, 2006

His Love for Geography

Thomas continues to amaze us with his aptitude and ability to learn geography. Recently we tried his hand at the geography game that we have been using this year, supplementing "My Father's World - Countries to Cultures" curriculum. It's at lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz . Todays challenge, the USA. Wayne had recently tried the same game and missed only one state and earned a score of 147 (of 150 total). Thomas attempted the same game and scored 134. My attempt (and truly it was an stretch for me) scored far below their scores. I had Thomas laughing aloud at some of my answers. Guess I am the one who needs the practice with the location of US states. Not surprising. My group school experience was an exercise in "learning for them, not for me." I studied (memorized) so that I could do well on the test, took the test, then quickly forgot what I had studied. Now I have the opportunity to learn for me. I love homeschooling!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home